Friday, March 19, 2010

Art at 35,000 feet!

Hi, Digital Dude here at 35,000 feet, somewhere between Philadelphia and Las Vegas. Ah, time to tweak some images!

Started with a shot I’d taken out the window as we landed in Philly two days ago.



Then I searched out a shot of sunflowers that I had taken a long time ago in France (with a big boy camera)





Put the two together using DXP (Double Exposure) with the Inverse blend mode. Notice how the original color come through only in the lower left where the water of the first photo is almost black. Also in the upper quarter of the frame both left and right, where there are dark trees in the first photo.





Next, I brought the image into Photogene, where I change the levels and bumped up the saturation and sharpness.





Finally, I brought the image into Fotomuse and added both a layer (which, in this case, gave it a golden hue) and a mottled black boarder.



There, that didn't take long. Ooops, got to go, we're landing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment