Friday, September 25, 2009

...And The Painted Ponies Go Up and Down...

"And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time.

We can't return, we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game."

from the song, The Circle Game by Joni Mitchell

Hi photo playmates! Digital Diva here. At the Santa Monica Pier recently, the Diva and the Dude were wandering and iPhoning and apping as we usually do. We always visit the Carousel there - it's a return to childhood and days gone by. And maybe Joni's right, we can't return. But we can remember........

I shot this painted pony just straight on my iPhone.

Then of course, I couldn't leave it alone. I used the app 101 filters and used the filter called Dark Contours on Light for this image.

Then I went into a filter called Night Vision, for reasons that are beyond my understanding. I do think it is very interesting here and will likely use it more.


I used the Tritone 2 filter for this patriotic pony image. (Which is actually # 105 of the filter pack, since the updates.)


In the same app, 101 filters, I used the Big Sparkles filter for this whimsical view of the carousel. This is how the merry-go-round always felt to me when I was little - a magical fairyland of golden posts and brightly painted horses.

I moved on to the Art Camera app and used the Picasso filter - I like this effect here.


Finally, back to 101 filters app for the Old Photo filter for a shot that looks like it was in one of my Mom's photo boxes all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment