Thursday, January 14, 2010

Seeing A Flower Really

"Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time. " quote by Georgia O' Keefe

Digital Diva here - going back to my obsession with this famous artist's flower abstractions. One of the reasons I like to "paint" blooms on the iPhone is to take more time with it, to really "see" them.

Here I've used the GooeyFaces iPhone app on a plumeria blossom and then double exposed the "painted blossom" with the original using the DXP app.

I loved the vibrant colors of this Amaryllis bloom. After painting with GooeyFaces, I finished off the final image with framing using the Photogene app.


I am enamored of ti leaves, especially the pink and green varieties. This shot of ti in my garden was 'mushed' with GooeyFaces, of course, and then framed in Photogene.

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't the plumeria set the tone for a baby girl's room in pinks and yellows if it was blown up and framed!! Better than O'Keefe even??
    Love your work, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete